Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have another question for you all, Im currently thinking of swapping the dials (speedo etc.) in my Clio ('03 dci 1.5 80) to the set up with the digital readouts for the fuel and temp. gage one, Im curious as to whether or not this is a simple unplug one and put the new one in or is it more involved?

Thanks

Brendan

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
the settings will need updating through the BIC computer to recalibrate the guages, need to be done with clip or simular.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for that, just wondering what is the Chip thing? is this like a special renault thing or something i could do at home?

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
clip is the Renault diagnostic tool, some other tools may do this (autoboss) may do it, the only thing you can't change is the mileage.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi i had another question in another thread and you seem to know about the diagnostics stuff do you know what the following means?

I have been trying to change to milage display to KPH, I read a few post on here and tried to do some of them on the car but no luck, I tried one where you hold in the trip button and then turn the car on-but not the engine and something odd happened,

Basically there was a beeping and on every 3rd beep all the dials moved around slightly and then back to the start position, the millage readout displayed something like the following
88'88'88.8

someone commented back saying it was a self diagnostic? any ideas?

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
it is the self diagnosis (self test), it cannot be changed to KM, only the digital dash, espace iv can be changed to KPH.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
all the eights relate to all the possible segments that can illuminate, so if there was a zero in that display for instance it would have a fault, other error codes can come up but i can't remember of hand what they all mean, they range from injection ECU connection to tank level sensor signal being received

1 - 8 of 8 Posts