Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

im new to the site so go easy :crying: lol
i own a 1995 clio 1.2 the brakes are spongy somtimes i have blead them about three times now i do get a hard pedal but sometimes it just goes to the floor a friend said it could be my rear ajusters i am yet to get the drums off when i find out how as this is my first renault and help please??

thanks

wayne

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
I'd advise against driving this vehicle if the pedal goes to the floor.

There are serious problems somewhere.

Are you losing brake fluid?

Brakes are always bled in a certain sequence depending on if you have ABS or not.

:)

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
it doesnt always go to the floor if im driving and give the pedal a few qwick pumps its hard again
not losing any fulid

thanks

Not ideal if you have to break in a emergency though is it?

I'd say you have air in the system.

Did you use one of those one person brake bleeding kits or use the traditional method?

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ussed the traditional method i started from rear pass. wheel then rear drivers side moving to front pass. side then finished on front drivers side wheel is that right ?

thanks

wayne

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
sounds like most car makes rear adjusters not working
my combo van every 3-4 mths i have to adjust them
Ron
Over time the ratchet mechanism of the adjuster fails and the adjuster creeps back necessitating the regular need for manual adjustment. There are a couple of bodges you can do but ideally fitting a new brake mechanism kit is the best answer.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
It may be a porblem related to air in the hydraulic system but you'll not know if it is until you try to bleed.

On most models the clutch and brake system share the same hydraulic reservior so it is possible air got in during the clutch renewal.

I take it you have checked the fluid levels and checked for leaks around the system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It may be a porblem related to air in the hydraulic system but you'll not know if it is until you try to bleed.

On most models the clutch and brake system share the same hydraulic reservior so it is possible air got in during the clutch renewal.

I take it you have checked the fluid levels and checked for leaks around the system.
Yes checked and visibly cant see a problem will take bk to garage that replaced clutch just hope it doesnt cost too much! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.