Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all laguna owners does anyone have this intermittent fault. Whenever we seem to have a damp night and I get in and start my car the auxhillary belt drives me up the wall it squeaks not very loud like a fan belt would but enough to annoy me. When it first happened I was told by 2 mechanics it needs a new belt and another told me it was mechanical. When the weather is good you would never think there is any thing wrong. someone suggested putting baby powder on the belt or pulley any suggestions please.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Hi

A squeaky aux belt is normaly down to just wear of the belt. The only mechanical failure it can have is from one of the pullys that it operates. Do you know when it was last changed on your car? If it hasn't been done in the last 2 years or so it might be worth changing. They belt itself is only cheap (around a £10) and they are quite east to fit if you're handy with a spanner, the longest part of doing this job is removing the splash guards and wing liner. It would be well worth starting there and see how you go.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate thanks for the info my car has a service history as it is an ex-company car the last belt to be changed was the cambelt i asked the garage where I had bought it from if this belt had been changed at same time as cam belt and they told me it didnt need changing, so for such a small amount of pounds and time will have a go at some point thanks again worth a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts