Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Since ive had my megane its had squeaky brakes, Ive taken it to a renault dealer who said it was a known problem, they said they put some new pads on under warranty but the problem is still there. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so do you know how to fix it?

Many thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
chris m is right - meganes are known for this, but just cleaning the brakes and lubing isn't enough. As suggested, it is actually the noise of vibration you can hear. Check what the Renault dealer really did, the 'cure' is replacing the calipers with a different design, with new pads & discs, if they havn't done this, get them to have another go.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
chris m is right - meganes are known for this, but just cleaning the brakes and lubing isn't enough. As suggested, it is actually the noise of vibration you can hear. Check what the Renault dealer really did, the 'cure' is replacing the calipers with a different design, with new pads & discs, if they havn't done this, get them to have another go.

Yes I would agree with Workshop control on this, some brake squeal is acceptable but some Megane IIs & Scenic IIs have excessive squeal, My previous 05 Scenic suffred at time horrendous brake squeal this was eventually resolved by the above action mentioned by Workshop Control.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts