Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another question.....my scenic is 9 mths old....when reversing and using the brakes they squeek and sqweel....renault say this is common....£75 to correct it (they will strip and clean)..... is this a common fault like they say ?????

:confused:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi, it probely is knowing Renault i have the same problem and all my Brake disc's all round and new and pads all round and they squeak when in reverse it does not bother me at all but it does not necessarily mean there is a problem or dirty or even contaminated its up to you if you wish to go that route and spend £75 for it to happen again all the best Donald

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, I'm confused why they are charging you anything on a 9mth old car ... did you question why they were suggesting to charge before they had inspected the car? .... warranty work is FREE and at this point you dont know what the problem might be ... have another go at them and dont be put off, ask to speak to the customer care manager or the service manager and tell them why you feel that its not acceptable ... if no joy have a good moan at CRS oops RCS.

Hope it helps :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Oh free free free warrenty iam sorry i did not notice it was 2007 get it back and moan moan moan to customer services:d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
My previous 05 Scenic II had excessive brake squeal, I had it in the workshop on a number of occaisions they eventually resolved the problem, I never once paid for any work done.

As Truckbusuk says ask again do not pay for any work to resole this problem, I believe there is a fix.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
id take it to kwikfit and get a brake test done 1st
If its under warranty, dont give them a chance to get out of it, go straight back to the dealer.

Plus sorry to any fast-fit fitters out there who like to dance and shout we are the ones to trust .... but I wouldnt let you touch my kids pram, let a lone my car ! ... just my twisted opinionated self talking:cool:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
If its under warranty, dont give them a chance to get out of it, go straight back to the dealer.

Plus sorry to any fast-fit fitters out there who like to dance and shout we are the ones to trust .... but I wouldnt let you touch my kids pram, let a lone my car ! ... just my twisted opinionated self talking:cool:

Yep I agree here no need for anyone else to look at it, If no satisfaction go to another dealer if possible but I would go softly but firmly.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts