Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2005 Megane, 1.6 16v.
When I step on brake pedal lightly while the engine is running but the car is stationary(for example on a red light), brake pedal shakes. It feels like ABS is kicking in. There's no shake on engine or car itself, only brake pedal shakes and when I step on the pedal hard, shaking goes away.
I've replaced brake pads on 4 wheels and fully replaced brake fluid, also brake pedal switch is replaced but problem is still there.
I went to a repair shop and they checked all ABS sensors and all of them working and reading correctly.

Can it be a vacuum leak or something do to with boost, or maybe brake master cylinder problem?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I'd check the simple things before delving deeper. Ensure braking system is free of trapped air. Verify all nuts holding the pedal in place are tight enough and the pedal mechanism doesn't have any play.

Still playing up? Disable ABS (might need to pull a fuse) and recheck. No joy? Disable the stability control / traction control system and retest. Should be a button for it. If not, pull the correct fuse. Report back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts