Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a renault grand scenic 05 plate (nearly 6 years old) and have never had any problems with it until a week ago.
I had driven home from work, stopping for diesel on the way. Parked up at home for about 10 mins, went out to start the car and nothing. The car went through the start up, ie- oil level ok, passenger air bag off etc but did not even attempt to start. None of the buttons on the key would work either so I was unable to lock it.
The garage came out and the battery was flat but also the fuse had blown for the starter motor.
The car then did the same thing again the following day, again when the engine was warm.
It has been back to the garage but they are unable to find the problem. The car starts perfectly when cold but as soon as warm the fuse blows! All I get from the recovery guys is that renaullts are notorious for electrical problems. Any ideas!

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I'm probably going to regret saying this, however thats a new one on me, I never realised that the starter motor was fused. :confused:

:think: Mmm maybe the starter solenoid is.

After 6 years could it be the battery on the way out, I'd have that checked Kwik-fit and the like will do that free of charge in the hopes of a sale, I'd also check the integrity of the main wiring on the battery, & those on the starter motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts