Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people. I have 2.5 120dci 04. Fitted an 09 engine which started eventually. Then 3 times in a row. After that I rebuilt the rest of the van and it wouldn’t start. Changed a fuel line and it started. Used for a a week or so then started to struggle. Would start eventually. Used injector cleaner and would start for few days. Then become more unresponsive. Kept changing the fuel line for another and it would start for a few days again the problem returned. Then only start on easy start. After driving the van like this for a few months it would cut out while driving with engine management light. Turn off, bump back in then continue. This problem sometimes stopped and other times would become more frequent. So I’ve fitted the pump from the other engine and now have the management light on before it even starts. I’ve read something on here that says the pump could be out by 180 but this is filled on a tapered shaft with a nut. Previously to all of this I had changed every sensor on the engine and also watched a video about a low pressure pump in the tank which it doesn’t have. Any thoughts or ideas would be so helpful thanks in advance. Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts