Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with my 03 plate lag 2. If i turn the steering a quarter of a turn either way and then back it clunks and sort of resonates, its fairly quiet but can be felt through the car. Mostly noticable when moving the wheel stationary or at low speeds.

Above say 20mph it doesn't seem to do it. Garage have looked at the car and say there is no play in the steering although they did change both track rods to no avail.

Could this possibly be an antiroll bar problem here?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8:) it could well be a anti roll bar link that is away, very common on all cars , its usually one of the first things to show sighns of wear. if the mechanic had it on a 2 post ramp he would not have picked up on any play ect as the car has to be on its front wheels at least to determine any play.
so ask them if they checked the car on a 4 post ramp or a 2 poster

fingers crossed for you bud and good luck:)

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been out to have a look at the drop links with the steering lock to lock and if i put my hands around them i can feel a tiny bit of play in them but not enough to be visable. Im guessing this is enough to be a problem?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Found the problem, seems the spring on the driver side strut isn't moving smoothly with the bottom half of the suspension strut and is sort of 'jumping' along, i presume this is the strut bearing thats the problem, or is it the top mount?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8:) thanx for the update glad youve found the problem

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi mate my laguna 2 has the same problem I mentioned it to the garage where I brought it from and they told me there wasnt any play but have since had it mot and it passed. do you no if the parts that are clonking would be covered by warranty.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi mate my laguna 2 has the same problem I mentioned it to the garage where I brought it from and they told me there wasnt any play but have since had it mot and it passed. do you no if the parts that are clonking would be covered by warranty.
Hmm, difficult one to call, you need to confuirm its that thats actually the problem first. To do mine I had somone turn the wheel while looking up at the coil springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts