Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a part number for one of these please? Not sure of the official name, I'd call it a bump stop.
It's from a MKII 2002 Clio with a SMI rack.
Thank you.
20210629_153107.jpg

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,254 Posts
So you have removed tracking arms
And these fit between the track rods and steering rack, OR?

·
Registered
865 Posts
So you have removed tracking arms
And these fit between the track rods and steering rack, OR?
They look like the inner steering rack bushes. It looks like the OP has removed the arms and outer rods.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apologies! Yes, the above photo is after the inner track rod end have been removed.

Here it is fully assembled.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
its a inner rack bump stop thats fits between rack and inner tie end, pretty sure only comes in higher quality kits i.e TWR JAR938 (example is clio 172 not yours?) but sure you can't normally buy from renault.

Reactions: ours2012

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a inner rack bump stop thats fits between rack and inner tie end, pretty sure only comes in higher quality kits i.e TWR JAR938 (example is clio 172 not yours?) but sure you can't normally buy from renault.
That's interesting, thank you.

I might make a couple from nylon on the lathe then.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
gonna state the over looked here, but that black rubber bit that's half missing doesn't normally come in the kits, just a grey replacement plastic bit, So you could just put them back as is, or remove completely the rubber on both or make a rubber ring from something else..... i'm pretty sure ALL they do is act as a shock absorber for the nylon white bit (which itself is a bump stop to stop metal against metal.)

·
Super mod..
28,421 Posts
My renault modus 2008 engine goes off after turning on ac what could be the problem
Moderator note.. TO FREDFY.. Please do not cut in on a thread its not good practice to do so.. please start your own thread in the appropriate section so it can be looked at by members

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,331 Posts
Without that rubber bit you may find a problem getting them to stay locked up.
I only mention as Ceex (IIRC) had the issue of his unlocking a week or so back.
But any fibre or rubber washer should do it.... I'd be looking down the plumbing aisle at B&Q for something of the right size.

·
Registered
92 Posts
An awful lot of you probably know this but as it has not been mentioned on this thread So for the unaware the inner tie rods on these cars can be very difficult to get to the required torque without putting a lot of stress on the rack so Renault use a special tool to support the rack, as far as I can ascertain the part No is Dir 1306 but where you would get one from I have no idea so maybe something could be made. Sorry if I am stating the bleeding obvious but I thought it was worth mentioning.
All the best

·
Super mod..
28,421 Posts
I just did a search for that and found a thread on here that showed that axial tool.. problem was some mod went and Moderated it.. [wasnt me].. just wait until I find out who did lol :ROFLMAO:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts