Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been raised in the past, but I wonder if anyone has any new information related to this.

I have a steering fault on my Modus 1.5dci 2004. I have had it intermittently in the past and an engine restart corrects it.

I intend taking it to my local dealer, but would like to have a little knowledge to hand just in case the solution offered may be a little more than what is actually required.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 'Steering Fault' warning on the Dash and the 'Stop' light is on. There is no power steering at all. I was hoping someone would know whether this is an electrical issue or something far more sinister.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i would check fluid levels, belt tension steering rack for leaks, the power steering system is as simple as it gets its mainly mechanical maybe a wiring fault along the lines difficult to tell without looking at it

if you have lost power steering then i would check the belt if that looks fine and fluid is fine then get it in a garage not much more you can do without a lift

as i said it really is a simple design so wont be a big job

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
It may be the car has electric power steering. If there is no steering fluid reservoir under the bonnet then it will be an electric system.

The electric power steering can be very fickle when it comes to voltage so it may be worth getting both the battery and alternator outputs checked first.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts