Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, 1.5 dci scenic 2, battery died and I had to push the car after turning the ignition on by holding the start button for the 3 seconds to release the steering lock. After a few feet whilst turning the steering lock the ignition went off and there was an audible click and steering not locked appeared on the dash. Car was jump started and there were no gremlins or issues and a new battery fitted. steering lock will not engage. you here a click when starting the car and also when turning off and removing the key card....no warnings present and the car runs and drives fine.....any help appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,500 Posts
check fuses in the under bonnet fuse box , taking the part that has the main power feed from the battery as the bottom
You have 3 rows and one column FROM the top of the column 4th fuse down thats the steering lock check this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info, I removed the steering column shroud to actually get eyes on and the steering lock module wasn't fitted to the column!!!!!!!!!! It was left connected to the loom but cable tied to the bulkhead side. Still working in situ!!!!!! Absolutely no idea why this had been done and I feel like a bit of a knob as I didn't notice this when I first drove the car.........(heard the audible click so just assumed all was fine).....Fitted it back into its proper place and problem solved.........real weird one this, and still scratching my head ffs.

·
Premium Member
4,102 Posts
This is a good example of "the unexpected". No-one could guess that in a million years. Well maybe. I see this sort of thing frequently on the motorbike forums I'm on, previous owner bodges and c0ck-ups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts