Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody - first post so apologies that it's a question :)

I have a '53 plate Scenic 1.6 Expression (which I'm really liking a lot so far!) but it has a plastic steering wheel. My question is are steering wheel sizes/fittings standard? In other words, would a wheel from a Clio fit into the Scenic? I do miss a leather wheel but a brand new one from Renault would cost the best part of £300 and I'm not sure I miss it /that/ much!!

Anyway, glad I found the forum and I've managed to get some good information from here so far so thanks all!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum iam not sure about this a guess would be that some models of the same year would be that same but this is a guess i hope this helps you all the best Donald.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Even if it fits you still have the problem of sorting out the airbag and it's connections, be very carefull.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that was quick! Thanks for the welcome Donald - I'm watching a Clio wheel on ebay at the moment since Scenic ones seem a little hard to find. If it remains cheap enough, I won't exactly be losing anything and who knows!!

Well, hopefully someone here knows :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehehe, being a bit of a coward, I'd not mind paying someone else to fit it for me! The big cost is for the wheel itself...

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Wow, that was quick! Thanks for the welcome Donald - I'm watching a Clio wheel on ebay at the moment since Scenic ones seem a little hard to find. If it remains cheap enough, I won't exactly be losing anything and who knows!!

Well, hopefully someone here knows :p
Hi as davesss has said all the air bag connections will need to be the same thats even if the steering wheel you are buying has one remember to disconnect the battery when working at this because i have heard of people putting there head side on when working at the air bag on the steering wheel and it has detonated in the neck area with fatal results:crazy:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi John - will you be advising your insurers of your changes - because if you don't they may refuse to pay out in the event of a claim - after all you are modifying the vehicle and may be interfering with some of it's safety equipment.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seriously? I hadn't thought that fitting a Renault steering wheel by (probably) a Renault dealer would count as a modification as such...

Oh well, going by the expense, it's unlikely I'm actually going to do it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts