Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had 2 new tyres fitted about 3 months ago, they were balanced after they were fitted.

The steering wobbled still after about 60mph so i went to another tyre dealer and they balanced them for me, on motorway after 60mph still wobbling, the wobble is through the steering wheel no through the seat.

I went to another place today to sort out my tracking/wheel alligment and that was ok and then got my wheels balanced again using a machine where they put the wheel on lock it in and rev the wheel round then it feeds back the information. They balanced the wheels for me took it on motorway 60mph wobbling still grrrrr.

What should i do now? I have the renault alloys which came with the car. Should i try kwik fit/bush tyres for balancing or could it be something else?

Thanks in adance,

Graham

·
Administrator
13,964 Posts
It could be a buckled wheel. :(

Might be worth getting that looked at.

Failed that it could be worth getting the suspension setup checked, something could be worn / loose etc.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok would the alloys be able to be shaped or is it the tyre? would i so to a tyre dealer again?

If the wheels are balanced then i have to rule that out the equation.

·
Premium Member
24,248 Posts
Have you tried puting the rear wheels on the front to see of that helps. It is possible to balance a slightly out-of-shape wheel but no type of balancing equipment can't replicate road conditions where the vehicle is under load and subjected to variations in the road surface. I have seen worn steering and suspension components give similar affects:) If there is wear in any of the parts fitting new tyres can sometimes amplify the problem

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will swap the tyres around now then and take it for a spin on the motorway, will post details later.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update: put rear wheels on front and front on back and still having the same problem vibrating 60 mph to 80mph, what else could it be? :mad:

·
Premium Member
24,248 Posts
Hi lejarvo - thats some good news at least - tends to rule out dopey wheels and balancing then.:) I would suspect a steering or suspension problem. Has the springs, shockers, and suspension joints plus strut top bearing units been checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts