Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I have just bought a cheap stereo from ebay for my Clio (02) becuase it has an aux input for my ipod.
Attached are 2 images, 1 showing the wiring harness in the car, and another showing the back of the stereo. Can anybody please point me in the direction of a suitable adapter? The stereo is a Sendai CD789. Thanks very much :d

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
Are there any more connectors at the back of your stereo?
And does the manual state that it's compatible with steering wheel remotes (which will require an interface adaptor to work)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys
thanks for the help.
I've just had a bit of a dig around behind the dash and discovered that the connecter in the first picture of the first post is actually the following 3 connectors:

am i right in thinking that they are the steering wheel control (yellow) and 'iso' connectors?
If indeed they are, would this connector work? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SENDAI-WHARFE...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item231079570c
thanks again for your help

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
The yellow one is for steering remote and the dash top display.
The other two are the ISO-connectors for power/utility and speakers.

That adapter you just linked to will work just fine with the power and speakers, but not with the steering remote.
That means that you can still use the adapter, as the radio will play your music, but you will not retain the functionality of the steering remote.

If you want to use the steering remote, not only is a separate adapter for that required, but also, the stereo needs to feature support for such functionality too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.