Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2004 clio and when I put the stock radio in it shows error where the code part should be I leave the car on for 20-30 mins but then it just beeps and turns off. I have tried to put a aftermarket one in and it won’t power on it just tried to eject cds. Any help please

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
Hi

when you say stock radio, is that the original or one out any other Renault ? In the year of your car there were
two possible OEM fitments and they are NOT reverse compatible.

Al

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh right it is the one that came with the car is there any suggestions on how I could get this working at all?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,226 Posts
Shooting from the hip here, if the original stereo throws an error at you and an aftermarket stereo also doesnt work, I would say that the harness is faulty, but as @Mikeyjp said above, to fit an aftermarket stereo to a car, there is, normally, a need for an ISO to "Car Manufacturer" harness converter, as manufacturers dont like playing with a straight bat and using ISO across the board, what make of aftermarket stereo are you trying to fit?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s a Sony and well I changed the fuse and it was working for a minute then when I put it in the hole everything has gone black so now I have no power at all not even the error on the display with the original stereo

·
7,226 Posts
Can you check to fuse for the stereo in the internal fusebox? or is that the one you mentioned checking?
if you look at your orginal stereo on the right hand circular button, at the 9 'O'Clock position, does it have the word "Expert", that will tell me whether you have an "Update List (digital)" stereo or the one I think You have which is a "Tuner List (Analogue)" stereo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe it is an analogue stereo and that was the fuse I checked that was blown then changed it it worked fine then when I pushed it in it lost all power

·
7,226 Posts
If everything is black, then there is no power getting into and running around the inside of the stereo, re-check the fuse to see if its blow again, if it has then either the stereo or the harness is causing the fuse to blow.

·
7,226 Posts
OK looks like the stereo itself had given up the ghost or the harness is damaged, unfortunately at work I dont have the wiring diagrams with me when I get home I will have a proper look, if you have a multi meter, then on the harness connector, there should be a thick black wire ( earth) and a thick red wire (Battery voltage), you can put the multi meter across those two thicker wires to see if power is being supplied to the connector.( with the ignition on)

·
7,226 Posts
just to give you an idea regarding harness adapters have a look at this

its for a 2004 Clio with a Tuner List (analogue) stereo, fitted withh an after market stereo and using the correct Headunit Connection lead ( showin in the bottom left of the page) will make an aftermarket stereo work with your car and allow all the steering wheel controls to keep working.

·
7,226 Posts
If I’m honest it didn’t seem like I needed to as it connects without one
the problem being that the wiring may be different and you may have inadvertantly put battery voltage down a control line and damaged both the harness and the Sony Stereo. but we need to know if power is being supplied to the stereo connector before we can do anything else

1 - 14 of 14 Posts