Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This has been going on for some time now and I really need to get it sorted.

Basically, I have a 2003 Laguna (Ph II I believe) which has the in-dash cd changer. It would appear that the actual head unit is in the boot which makes things very difficult.

I originally wanted to change the stereo for an MP3 stereo and keep the stalk controls but that doesnt look likely now.

I have been told that I need to get a bluetooth car kit in the car now so need to get this whole stereo thing sorted.

Do I have an option of getting rid of the in dash changer and replacing it with another stereo and accept that I wont have the stalk controls?

Would this then mean that I could install the car kit?

I have no skills at all when it comes to wiring etc. so if anyone knows of someone close to Derby who may be able to help I am open to suggestions.

Grateful of any help!!

Bri

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
ICE connections

Hi - if you want to retain your column controls it is probably best you contact one of the more experienced in-car stereo suppliers. When I went to change my system I was able to get an interface pod - that conects the new stereo to the existing controls. Some manufacturers have been able to solve this prob at a reasonable price. Although I own a 1994 Clio diesel Iwas able to get a connectoin that would convert existing column controls to a new JVC radio/cd player - try Yell.com for your local area and see if theres anyone suitable give them a call - it costs nothin to ask. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update

Well I have taken the laguna to an audio shop and the final verdict is that there is nothing I can do.

They said that I cant change the stereo without rewiring the whole car and I would most likely lose the steering wheel controls and the display on the sat-nav screen.

Disaster!!

It would appear that I have no chance of listening to my MP3's in the car.

:(

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Radio fitting

Hve you tried to remove the dashboard unit and if so does the sat-nav still work. If so you may be able to fit an independent system - with no remote from the steering column. This may also means rewiring the cables (power, speakers, etc) to the dash. Could be expensive and it may not be worth it in the long run - it maybe also be posible to get an adaptor to fit your existing system - have a hunt on the web for audio/hi-fi forums.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
As luck would have it, we've just gone over this exact same problem. If you're looking to fit one of the Parrot kits, then it may be possible to get extension cables to run from the ISOs in the rear of the car through to the front.

The first part of this thread is about audio problems on the CD changer. Scroll down a bit and you'll find the stuff about the bluetooth kit.
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/electronics/17034-laguna-initiale-cd-player-silent.html

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
As luck would have it, we've just gone over this exact same problem. If you're looking to fit one of the Parrot kits, then it may be possible to get extension cables to run from the ISOs in the rear of the car through to the front.

The first part of this thread is about audio problems on the CD changer. Scroll down a bit and you'll find the stuff about the bluetooth kit.
http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/electronics/17034-laguna-initiale-cd-player-silent.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts