Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've just bought an 04 plate Clio 1.2 (which I love!) and am picking up on Thursday - HURRAH!)

We've already got a 54 plate Scenic for the family, this is just a second car for me, to get me to and from work.

Problem is, I like my music on in the car, and am spoiled by having my Ipod connected to my previous car, via a cassete adapter.

The clio has the Tuner/List badging on the front of the stereo, so I don't *think* that makes it CD changer compatible easilly.

Ideally I would like to have the Ipod hooked up to the Clio car stereo, looking on various websites I can get kits for around £100, which is a tad pricey.

My question (eventually!) is -

a) Is there a method for connecting the Ipod to this model of standard clio stereo, I'm not bothered for full control from the steering wheel (but would be nice)

b) If not, would a third-party stereo with built in Ipod support be a better bet? Are these easy to fit in the Clio?

c) Should I give up my Ipod dream, and burn my mp3 files to CDR instead?

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm, it would seem that the 'Connects2 CTVRNX001' might do a job, and at £40, isn't tooooo steep a price to pay.

Just emailed the makers to ensure it IS compatible with my stereo first of all though!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi!

I've just bought an 04 plate Clio 1.2 (which I love!) and am picking up on Thursday - HURRAH!)

We've already got a 54 plate Scenic for the family, this is just a second car for me, to get me to and from work.

Problem is, I like my music on in the car, and am spoiled by having my Ipod connected to my previous car, via a cassete adapter.

The clio has the Tuner/List badging on the front of the stereo, so I don't *think* that makes it CD changer compatible easilly.

Ideally I would like to have the Ipod hooked up to the Clio car stereo, looking on various websites I can get kits for around £100, which is a tad pricey.

My question (eventually!) is -

a) Is there a method for connecting the Ipod to this model of standard clio stereo, I'm not bothered for full control from the steering wheel (but would be nice)

b) If not, would a third-party stereo with built in Ipod support be a better bet? Are these easy to fit in the Clio?

c) Should I give up my Ipod dream, and burn my mp3 files to CDR instead?

Thanks for any help you can offer :)
Have you viewed this thread below.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/electronics/14739-soloution-ipod-connection-renaults.html

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a reply from someone who sells this type of connection:
Hi David,

Yes the CTVRNX001 is the correct item for your vehicle. It does provide sound playback, but not control/charging of iPod etc. If you would like those additional options I can supply the full iPod interface for £99 (inc of VAT and P&P).

The CTVRNX001 is easy to fit, but the hardest bit will be pulling your stereo forward. I’m afraid we don’t stock the removal keys but you should be able to buy them elsewhere online, or from any local auto-electrical installer.

Regards

Jason

www.ktduk.com
Happy days! If I can't skip tracks etc. its no loss, and I can't justify lashing out £100 on a full option, so this will do me nicely!

I had a look at that other thread Ottoman, lots of ideas in there, but I think the problem is compatibility between the stereos' - luckilly this seems to do the trick!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had a shufty around, and this connect2 kit seems to suit my needs nicely, and at £29.99, including P+P, isn't too bad at all really!

All I need it to get hold of some keys to remove the stereo (which seems easy enough) and I'll be all sorted out.

Get the car tomorrow, whohoooo!! :eek:

I'm half tempted to get a second connection kit to put the Ipod in the Scenic as well now ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts