Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
Not been online much..been buzy

noticed the other day that my clutch was juddering and the biteing point was quite high....so i got hold of a new 1 off ebay...and had it fitted by a mate of mine

All fine and dandy there....smooth lift....decent bite point......but now iv noticed that the gears are difficult to select...dosent seem to be slotting in properly

Aparently theres a joint that used a pinch bolt onto the gearbox at the end of the gear shaft...that has a bit of play in it.....so im after a 2nd opinion before i goto renault and get 1

Opinions please?????:confused:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It depends how the rod was removed when the gearbox was taken off,there is a clamp arrangement that allows the gear selector rod to be adjusted and this is what many people tend to undo and this causes problems with gear selection as they don't mark it to put it back in the exact same place it comes off of.Ideally the rod should be removed without disturbing the adjustment clamp by removing the rubber boot on the end of the rod and undoing the 10mm bolt/nut rather than the 13mm bolt holding the clamp in place.

There are rubber bushes in each end of the rod and these do wear causing selection problems (usually reverse/1st/2nd),but if it was OK before the clutch was changed it sounds like the rod adjustment has been disturbed and needs to be re-aligned.This can be a pain to get right and may take many attempts.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mate did mention that he marked the clamp/rod position before undoing it.....but wouldnt be surprised if its that then

will have a try n see how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts