Independent Renault Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
A man accused of stealing face masks after being caught on CCTV has been released without charge. It was reported to be someone mask raiding as him.

·
39,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
No bloody milk in the shops, WTF is going on, farmers have got to milk their cows,
where is the milk going ( Can this be frozen safely, )
Certainly couldn't when I was a milk man all those years ago ( Morning job when just starting out self employed )

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,702 Posts
No bloody milk in the shops, WTF is going on, farmers have got to milk their cows,
where is the milk going ( Can this be frozen safely, )
Certainly couldn't when I was a milk man all those years ago ( Morning job when just starting out self employed )
According to the reports, 3 times as much milk, eggs, bread etc was put on the shelves then normal last week but removed just as fast.
And that £1 billion more was spent on groceries then normal.
But pirrocks are buying all they can as well as freezers to stick it in.... try finding a freezer available online ATM !

Freezing milk? Yes and no from my researches last week when I wondered the same.
Full fat milk will freeze but separate leaving something like a grainy semi/fully skimmed, enjoy that in your tea if you have frozen it.
Semi can be frozen for a short time but again will separate in time.
Fully skimmed, ie coloured water can be frozen.
UHT doesn't need freezing but feck me, I think I only tried it once and it was worse then the old sterilised stuff.

Mind you, I am old enough to remember the winter of '63 and seeing the milk bottles on the step frozen solid with the foil lids pushed an inch above the bottle by the frozen milk.
Can't remember fussing about the quality when it thawed and went on my cornflakes.

I wonder if milk and eggs would be being seen as in short supply if we still had milkmen?

·
39,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Used to hate the icicles formed in milk,
How big are these freezers people have,
We have a small under worktop one ( Used to be for the dogs food ) and a normal fridge freezer.

PS I haven't hardly been able to hoard meat or frozen foods in this worrying time. I have no idea what to do with my wife's body that's already taking up my freezer.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,702 Posts
Tesco, busy at first, moderate later.
Asda, slight to moderate, heavy crowds by evening
Sainsburys, Moderate to good, rough in toilet roll aisle.
Marks and Spencers, Co-op, fair.
Waitrose, fair to moderate, spillage in aisle 7.
Lidl, rough at first, easing later, light in centre aisles.
Aldi, special offer on gardening tools.

That is the end of the Shopping Forecast....

·
Premium Member
Grand Scenic 1.6 2007
4,024 Posts
Lundy Fastnet Sole - fish on special offer in aisle 3
Tyne Dogger - please yourself Geordie
Rockall - toilet paper left

·
39,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
AND you two have a go at my jokes.
Those are terrible

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
hi

went to my local Tesco, looked like a florist with Easter eggs none selling !

but I got my bread to make my sandwiches for work, eggs, potatoes and a lettuce, but no dog food.
no queues but it was contact less payment only !

Al

·
Super Moderator
13,632 Posts
Freezing milk? Yes and no from my researches last week when I wondered the same.
Full fat milk will freeze but separate leaving something like a grainy semi/fully skimmed, enjoy that in your tea if you have frozen it.
Semi can be frozen for a short time but again will separate in time.
Fully skimmed, ie coloured water can be frozen.
UHT doesn't need freezing but feck me, I think I only tried it once and it was worse then the old sterilised stuff.
Been Freezing 4 pinters Blue & Green milk for years. NO issues, as long as Fully defrosted & well shaken (Blue) before first opening. Never had a separation issue.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Walked along to ASDA superstore while my car was in for an MOT - long spaced out queue, NHS workers allowed in first for about 1/2hr, then 5 pensioners at a time...…. 5 customers in a huge superstore at a time? Over-careful? :eek:;)

·
39,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Managed get two milk, and a pack of oatcakes..
so all good now, can have a brew and my weetabix

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Managed get two milk, and a pack of oatcakes..
so all good now, can have a brew and my weetabix
I might have to learn to like black tea. I'm already OK with black coffee. It's all I use milk for. Prob at the mo has been getting wholemeal bread, which I've learned to prefer now. Last one was the regular white, Jayzuz H. C. I used to eat this sh!te all the time! :eek: Still makes half decent toast tho. Just about.

I'm thinking of preserving my remaining toilet rolls and one paper towel roll for posterity, I might start a museum.

·
39,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
"This Government just aren't doing enough to protect people during this pandemic!" ranted Diane Abbott... "For example. . cancel the cricket season until an alternative is found for using bats!"

41 - 60 of 67 Posts