Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You may think this has been covered in many other posts but I have tried everything suggested on other threads with no luck

Car is a Mk3 Scenic
I keep changing parts yet I still get this fault.
So far I have changed.

Regulator
complete alternator
Battery
Battery control unit(behind the battery).
Upc fuse panel in engine bay
New battery negative clamp

Vehicle is charging at 14v, battery over 12v at rest

When I measure the voltage on the cable which plugs into the regulator I get around 10v but it's constantly fluctuating.

Renault can clip shows "upc to alternator link"

Have checked Continuity of the cable between upc and alternator

Any ideas please? Any one actually had this fault and managed to diagnose the fault rather than just changing random parts hoping it works?

Thanks in advance

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,906 Posts
What was the fault code, DONT post the screen shot or diagnostic report , just the fault cone number ..

Are they plug and play fuseboxes on the Scenic 3 then ( Not changed one )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the fault code number can post that up tomorrow if it will help but the description was under the section for upc. Description was upc to alternator link, was saying to check connections on battery, alternator, starter etc. Solutions were to change alternator and upc, I have changed both already.
I dont think the upc is plug and play, I couldn't find any definitive info on this, the new one did cause the service light to come on so I think it needs reprogramming to the car, but the charging warning fault remained after swapping it so I just put the old one back in

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,906 Posts
Unless its reprogrammed it wont know what size alternator is fitted, so it will automatically UNDER CHARGE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless what is reprogrammed? The alternator? This is what I don't understand, the alternator is kicking out the required voltage, its the monitoring cable from the upc to regulator which only has around 10v which I think is the issue. Voltage measured on that is fluctuating 9v 10v all the time.
Once the alternator was changed, the fault went away for around 4 weeks, then came back again

·
Registered
7 Posts
This seems to be a common fault cannot understand why no one has found what causes it yet. our grand scenic 1.5dci k9k 836 is suffering the same problems. Alternator link to UPC fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts