Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crazy: Initial fault as per thread. Found trip in rain caused battery to drain. recharged over night Fault changed but symptoms as thread I can get warnings off by switching on e.g. lights,fan heater also radio stops working but regains as I switch things on !... now fault as thread but voltage is [email protected]ect regulator faulty,anyone know if this is easy /and/or part name/no.
any other basic advice on removal etc will be greatfully received (PS pensioner mum-in-laws car actually !)
Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the forum. Had a similar issue on the clio yesterday but gave a good overnight charge and now fine.
I blew my charger up on night one ! but as I said in the post it's actually over charging that's my problem, I reckon !
it was very wet the first night and was changing relative to engine revs...even the revs symptoms appeared changed on the journey !! But I'm hoping to find out how easy to replace the regulator / alternator.. fingers crossed, eh !!Many thanks for taking the time to reply!!

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
I hope it's easier than my Clio. The alternator is at the back of the engine and has to come out from underneath / through the arch. I believe one make has the regulator brushes etc in a removable pod. Failing that take the unit to a parts shop / factors and they will probably do a recon for an exchange price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts