Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my car 4 months ago and from the 2nd week the STOP light comes on after every 10 miles. If i shut off the engine and start the car, it disappears and then comes on again after another 10 or so miles.

i had a diagnostics check and was told whilst its likely its something to do with the alternator, there were no codes coming through for this.

I know (in my very limited knowledge of cars) that clios have a range of issues with electronics so could it be an electronic issue as opposed to an issue with the alternator? The light comes on every journey and i have been driving the car twice daily since the end of September.

Any help would be really appreciated.

thankyou

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi - apologies, its a RENAULT CLIO HATCHBACK - 1.4 16V Expression. 2006.
I havent done my own checks as my knowledge on cars is very minimal - i have had 2 checks done at a local garage after the car passed the MOT with no issues at all. checks were done on both occasions and no issues came up.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Could the brake pedal switch be on the edge?
Saw one that was just barely there. The clutch pedal and brake shared the same bracket and every time the clutch pedal went down the brake lights came on. Took me ages to figure out why nobody tail-gated me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts