Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a look through the other threads but can't seem to find any solutions to my problem.

I have just purchased a 2002 Scenic 1.9 DTI and all was fine until today when the "STOP" light and the coolant light appeared on the screen. The car is not overheating and is running fine and there is also plenty of coolant in the bottle. Has anyone had this problem before or know of anything else to look for?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I let it idle for about 20 mins and the engine temp was just below half way after 5-10 mins and the fan didn't appear to come on at all.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi George - does your car have a coolant level swnsor on the header tank - maybe it's faulty - if ot has try disconnecting its connector and replugging. The radiator fon doessn't come on until around 95 degress so the engine may need to warm up somemore because I wa sthinkung it's control sensor was duff and it was being recorded as a fault in the ECU:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took car for drive guage stayed below half.No sensor to be found think ill have to go to garage put on computer. Thanks for your help ill post if they find anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it is gone now - the Renault technician that I brought the car to had never seen that fault code before and wasn't sure how it actually got there either, simply speculating that it was a spike in the ECU (however that would happen :confused: )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts