Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so 3-4 years ago i gave up the fags after 40+ years and went onto vaping then due to this disease i now have, at xmas i gave up vaping .
when i packed up the fags i had very little to none of the withdrawal problems but with the vaping after such a short time it can get tough , but so far not enough to start again , one thing i can warn you all about vaping you end up smoking 20 times or Evan more than you did with fags , just to give you an idea how bad it can get lets say i used to smoke 1 fag per hr , i did not notice the mrs did over 4 hrs watching 2 films i used the vape for the whole 4 hrs , anyone good at maths to work out how many a day i increased to

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
I eventually stopped the fags by going onto the gum. Never did vaping.

9 years later, still coughing up phlegm occasionally. And colds can be a right bu99er on the chest.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,842 Posts
I told a mate of mine that my wife has given me an ultimatum; no sex until I give up smoking.
He asked me how long can I hold out. I said, “Until I get arthritis of the wrist”.

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,187 Posts
I think vaping is a mugs game, swapping one addiction for another. I gave up cold turkey, mind you I did have a good prompt, just had a heart attack and in hospital for a week. that was November 23rd 2009. Fairly easy in those circumstances really.
I do feel for those that have trouble giving up.
Got away with it by all accounts according to the doctor that gave me the angiogram, lungs and all main arteries/veins were showing up clear of any blockages.
Only thing that was surmised to have caused my heart attack was some plaque that broke off from the artery that supplies the heart muscle with blood had broken away and caused a temporary blockage in the heart that killed a part of the heart.
Result now very breathless on exertion!!!
Not a lot I can do about that, but still here to tell the tale!!!
:)

·
Premium Member
2014 Captur tce 120 edc , 2010 Lancer VIII 1.8 143 hp
246 Posts
Thinking about the thing that i wanted to see the times my daughter is able to do fine without me, i quit 4 years ago while i used to smoke pack a day. Till then i only lit 1 after a very stressful day. I see these new fancy electronic devices which get broken so easily plus the "reduced risk" has not been proved, if i d be smoking, i d still go with fags as conventional ones were kinda fun to smoke.

Still my big body might push me into big trouble anysoon, need also some proper regular exercise to calm down a little.

If you dont make up your mind, its really hard to give up those..

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,559 Posts
Only thing that was surmised to have caused my heart attack was some plaque that broke off from the artery that supplies the heart muscle with blood had broken away and caused a temporary blockage in the heart that killed a part of the heart.
this is what mine was, the surgeon who did my angiogram said that it must have been a "plaque Event" as there was no evidence of blockage or damage and the cardiac MRI said there was nothing wrong with my heart, still on the bloody drugs though.

I gave up smoking 10 Cafe Creme cigars a day and went onto vaping, I started making my own juice as it was easier for me to mess around with the toxicity of the nicotine, i started on 12 and worked my way down to 3 (over 4 years) then I spent 2 months vaping with no nicotine at all and then stopped. I am happy with it, it worked for me

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
15,187 Posts
this is what mine was, the surgeon who did my angiogram said that it must have been a "plaque Event" as there was no evidence of blockage or damage and the cardiac MRI said there was nothing wrong with my heart, still on the bloody drugs though.

I gave up smoking 10 Cafe Creme cigars a day and went onto vaping, I started making my own juice as it was easier for me to mess around with the toxicity of the nicotine, i started on 12 and worked my way down to 3 (over 4 years) then I spent 2 months vaping with no nicotine at all and then stopped. I am happy with it, it worked for me
It is the drugs after that bugger you up!!! :) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts