Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Clio 0.9 Dynamique Media Nav with Stop / Start fitted.
My problem is that the Stop / Start rarely works. I am lucky if it kicks in once a month
and even then it will only operate 2 or 3 times then not work for another month or so.
The dash just says Stop / Start not available. There are no other warning lights illuminated.
The car always starts on the battery and has no electrical problems at all.
I am starting to wonder if the car has a seperate battery that powers the Stop / Start system as used on other makes.
If there is then where is it located?
If there is no second battery then why does the system rarely work. Whats the point in fitting the system if it wont work.
It has been like this since I had the car in mid 2016. The main battery has been on it from new.
The car has around 33.000 miles from new and is used almost every day.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Sounds like you have a fault. There are many conditions under which the stop/start system doesn't activate (long list in the driver's handbook) but most of those shouldn't give a warning message (I think, but check the list first). There is no separate battery.

·
Administrator
13,069 Posts
Mine didn't work for ages and then I realised my battery wasn't powerful enough for it. Proper battery put in and the stop/start worked fine. I had no battery issues before that but the battery was due a change and discovered the old one was fine for running the car but couldn't handle the start/stop function.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts