Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again - so another strange occurrence this week, I finally got the dash board out and rebuilt the plug needed to put it back in - the dashboard is still out and I am using a GPS speedo on my phone so i know my speed etc.

If i turn on my hazards the alarm sounds - and also at random if i hit a bump/pothole hard enough the alram goes off while driving along with flashing hazards. Anyone any ideas where i should be looking - or is it possible to disable the alarm entirely until i can figure out what it is?

The key fob works and locks,unlocks the car as it should as does the interior lock switch.

cheers for any info that might help.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
unfortunatley, forums rules state that we are not allowed to give out any advice or knowledge on how to bypass security on cars, you may wish it for good reasons, but not all good people read these forums, if it goes off on hitting bumps etc I would check the wires as it seems something is loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no worries, just a little disconcerting driving down the road with the alarm randomly going off haha

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to find that the dash acts as a sort of clearing house for all sorts of signals. Until it's back you could be chasing rainbows.
On our 07 car the alarm shares a 20A fuse with the radio, dash and mirrors in the passenger fusebox.
Pulling it might disable the alarm siren but God only knows what other unintended consequences there might be :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts