Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning people,

Before I take it to the garage I was hoping people may be able to give me some indication of what may be the problem. The Clio has developed an unusual knocking sound on the NSF when under power/steering. The tyre wear is fine so I think it is not track rods and having had a (limited) look under the car I can't see anything obvious.

It doesn't seem to bother the handling at all but it is my wifes car and I want to get it sorted.

The car has only just passed 28K miles but is obviously 10 years old this year.

Any pointers will be very useful.

Cheers

Paul

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

I like to have an idea of what's going on before putting myself in the hands of garages these days, having been stung in the past by garages, in particular one run by someone I have known since I was about 10!

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,927 Posts
CV joint, but the mileage is very low for that unless a gator as come off or as a hole in it allowing the grease out, if it's the CV joint it's usually worse on full lock.
Have you checked the wheel nuts?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CV joint, but the mileage is very low for that unless a gator as come off or as a hole in it allowing the grease out, if it's the CV joint it's usually worse on full lock.
Have you checked the wheel nuts?
I'll have a look at that when she gets home from work, thanks.

Wheel nuts are fine as far as I know, and wouldn't a loose wheel cause other problems?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts