Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

A few months ago, I noticed a strange noise coming from the passenger's side, seeming to come from the B-pillar area when I make a turn to the left. However, this behavior only happened punctually, but in the last few days I started to notice that it happens constantly when someone is sitting on the passenger seat.

Having said that, yesterday I decided to "hit" the passenger's seat sideways in order to shake it, and I was able to reproduce the noise, which gives the feeling of coming from the right side of the seat next to the B-pillar.

Video with sound: https://cld.pt/dl/download/861a2a6a-07f3-46ca-b4f4-2c5423afd527/Carro2-Som.mp4

I checked the four screws on the seat rails, and they're tight. The noise is heard from outside the car too.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,190 Posts
Sorry, not going to download a file from private source.... maybe if you put it on you tube?

My immediate thought is seat belt btw.... the belt or spool making the noise?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you click the link it won't ask you to download, it will open in a web player... (meanwhile I will upload to youtube).

It's not the seatbelt unfortunately :(

EDIT:

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,190 Posts
That's better, thanks.
Frame is fubar, inside the seat.
Which bit would be a guess but my money would be on the recline mechanism.
I assume you cannot replicate by push/pulling the seat base …. which would eliminate runners and base mechanism.
May only be a loose bolt.
I suspect you may have to take the seat out and pop off covers to find it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's better, thanks.
Frame is fubar, inside the seat.
Which bit would be a guess but my money would be on the recline mechanism.
I assume you cannot replicate by push/pulling the seat base …. which would eliminate runners and base mechanism.
May only be a loose bolt.
I suspect you may have to take the seat out and pop off covers to find it.
Yeah, I've checked the bolts outside the seat (the 2 seat rails) and all bolts seem tight. So yeah, maybe it's inside the seat, the strange part is that you can hear the noise outside the car, from under the car...

Opening the seat seems a bit difficult no? I never tried...

BTW: there is another noise that seems to be from the window on the passenger door. I remember that some years ago I had a similar problem and the mechanic who fixed the car at Renault, said that he tightened something on the passenger door...

I don't want to go to the dealer because they will charge a huge amount of money to fix this issues. The car is still in the 5 years warranty, but they say this kind of things aren't covered.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already checked all the bolts, and everything is tight. I'm almost sure the noise comes from the seat rails, but both of them are tightened...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts