Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
On saturday i was driving home climate controll on radio on, then the radio went off for about 4 seconds and came back on again. then i noticed that all off the climate controll display,fans and rear window would not work. i thought of a blown fuse so when i got back i checked them, this did not solve the problem, so i googled the problem when i got back home and the answer was by many people was to change the fuse to the radio, but this was working so i just tried it and it worked all functions working. i do have a hard wire dashcam which was fitted to the radio fuse by using some adaptor, i put this back in and all still working but i now have a electronics failure message and a yellow spanner on my dash board. My car is a renault megane dci on a 58 plate. can you be of any help. and may i thank you for your time in reading this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No , the message is still there. the hardwire has been in for 12 months with no problems, after putting the hardwire back in everything works

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
you mentioned that when you put it back in, everything still worked but you now got dash nags for faults, hence my question, if you remove it again do the dash nags go away?

so if you remove it ( however long its been installed, faults can happen at any time) your dash nags remain?

there should be two fuses in the piggy back connector ( if that is what you used) one fuse for the original item you are piggybacking off and one for the new item you have added ( in this case a dash cam)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the late reply, all sorted now. i took my car to the garage i go to and it was sorted within a hour.. it was a fuse in the glove box, even though i checked them all. the fuse that had gone did not look as if it had blown. they told me to leave the dashcam hard wire off for a couple of weeks just to make sure everything is ok. i have now invested in some brand new fuses and a multi meter so if antthing happens again i can check them. it only cost me 24 quid , i was expecting a lot more. thanks for all your help with this.

Many thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts