Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The back doors on our renault clio are stuck and will not open. The selenoids seem to be working and i can see the levers going up and down but it is not allowing the doors to open. I have taken the trim off and eberything looks fine. Can any one help on how to get the doors open.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
It's a 1999 Elize. The doors have been like this since the handles were being used at the same time as the central door remote was pressed to lock the doors. Surely there must be a way to open them from within the lock. I have taken the door cover off and i can see the lock and the arm move but it is not unlocking the door.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
rear door locks

Is there a child lock switch on the drivers door - some models have this feature it allows the driver to overide the switches for rear door locks and electric windows if fitted. = Have you tried using the interior cetral locking swith - usually situated down by the gear lever or on the dash. Also check the fuses for door locking, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried the interior central locking and this has not helped. As I said I can see the lvers moving up and down but it is not opening the doors. Some one has said that it could be the fuses. But surely if the fuses were gone the levers would not move. I have been told by a Renault dealer that it will need the locks replacing at a nice little price of about £200. Surely there must be a way to open them they just can't go like that.

Any help please as kids are sick of climbing over the front seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem

Hi all,

I have the same problem with a rear door. Seemed to happen after catching seatbelt buckle in door, but not really sure how relevant that was. Looking for manual way to open at lock. All seems to operate well but just not opening.

Is there any update on such a probelm?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts