Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help!

our clio would not start after we got back off holiday for a week. we had problems before with the immobiliser(the light would not go out unless you activatye/de-activate a few times) but now the light goes out ok but the car will not start.

RAC could not find a solution so towed to my garage. they diagnosed ecu. tried the cranksensor but still no joy, so i sent ecu away for test and rebuild. they said it had suffered water damage and charged me £160 for rebuild. but still nothing.

turns over lovely but just will not fire. immobiliser goes out as per normal fuel pump primes.

Any Ideas.:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rac have confirmed there was a spark. the ecu doctor reported there was fault on the ecu and that when opened there was evidence of water penetration.

apparently petrol is good aswell and you can hear the fuel pump kick in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
please help!

our clio would not start after we got back off holiday for a week. we had problems before with the immobiliser(the light would not go out unless you activatye/de-activate a few times) but now the light goes out ok but the car will not start.

RAC could not find a solution so towed to my garage. they diagnosed ecu. tried the cranksensor but still no joy, so i sent ecu away for test and rebuild. they said it had suffered water damage and charged me £160 for rebuild. but still nothing.

turns over lovely but just will not fire. immobiliser goes out as per normal fuel pump primes.

Any Ideas.:confused:
only thing i can think of is the top dead centre sensor. Thats just been diagnosed on my car which had a similar non starting problem.
Maybe worth trying before getting robbed by a main dealer.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Has the cambelt been checked to make sure it's still in one piece?

If you've got fuel and a spark,as long as the injectors are working it should at least try and fire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts