Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my first post on Renault forums, hope some of you can help with this problem.
Set off to work this morning taking my usual route through the housing estate. Got onto the by-pass, started to accelerate and suddenly the power dropped off. I took my foot off the accelerator and the power came back but as soon as i touched the accelerator the same happened again. This time though the red STOP light came on for a second then went off.
This happened a few times for a mile or so (without the red stop light coming on) then the car drove perfectly fine for the remainder of the drive to work. No sign of any problem on my journey home though.
I thought at first it might be fuel starvation but surely it would cause problems through all speeds and temperatures ?!
The car is a grand modus 1.5dci with 126000 miles on it, serviced regularly and no other issues.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received

·
Registered
14 Posts
Possible pedal switch issue, easy to check using real time diagnostic scanner.
....lets hope it's not the start of injector issues, they are on borrowed time if original and worn ones show issues when hot....be worth doing a back leak on them.

Odd that no engine codes or EML light and STOP light clearing itself whilst running though...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts