Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what size/type of sump plug seal I need for my 2008 1.6 petrol Scenic? Hopefully doing an oil change this weekend...

·
Super mod..
28,419 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you need that sealing ring as well as a copper washer? Reason I ask is that the last few oil changes I've just used the copper washer without any form of sealing ring with no problems.

·
Super mod..
28,419 Posts
Do you need that sealing ring as well as a copper washer? Reason I ask is that the last few oil changes I've just used the copper washer without any form of sealing ring with no problems.
Agree and as I said its what I would have expected.. just a copper crush washer.. have you got the part number for that washer Hamfisted..

·
Registered
20 Posts
The sump plug I put in came with a copper ring and a rubber/steel washer. I don't know if the part no. will help for the seal since I bought it in Slovakia but here goes anyway: VAICO V1V10-3326 But that's for a 1.5 DCI

·
Registered
92 Posts

3 years warranty febi
Sealing Ring for oil drain plug

Attributes
Height or Thickness1,5 mm
Inner Diameter16,7 mm
Materialrubber / metal
Outer Diameter24 mm

Have to honest would have expected a copper crush washer so would check this out before you buy.. only one on ebay gives this as incorrect for your car but have known in the past those to be incorrect.. Hmmm
On my Kangoo if you get an oil filter from Renault and ask for the sump plug seal you get one like that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. Looks like Scenic II is well covered in the "used in vehicles" on that site. Frustrating that it is very hard to find a straight answer on the web.

·
Super mod..
28,419 Posts
Thank you. Looks like Scenic II is well covered in the "used in vehicles" on that site. Frustrating that it is very hard to find a straight answer on the web.
You can also sign up free to it if you want..I was let on when you couldn't but that was because at that time I had involvement with that site and helped them with parts searching compatible parts for UK proton owners cars.. strange isn't it when you search. Google often give us conflicting info and that's why I always check if febi or Blueprint do one first..

Good luck with the oil change.. (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts