Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, sorry if this has been covered but using my phone to post this and won't alloy me to search the forum! Im out and about today and planning on servicing the 1.9 trafic tonight, got all filters and oil but just read i need a specific Sump plug tool for removal? If so, can anyone post up what exactly i need and I'll try pick one up today. Thanks and sorry again!

·
Registered
50 Posts
it depends if you are only ever going to work on one renault - or if you work on other cars. why spend 8 quid on one, when you can have a set that´ll do any car in the future as well ??

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,398 Posts
it depends if you are only ever going to work on one renault - or if you work on other cars. why spend 8 quid on one, when you can have a set that´ll do any car in the future as well ??
Why spend 18 notes on a set when shopping about can find multisize sets for under a tenner?
Or 8 quid on one size when you can find them (Draper) for under a fiver.

The important point for anyone buying a tool is balancing cost against need and quality.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,522 Posts
Got over 10 grands worth of tools, would say 7 grands worth never get used

Now only buy A tool as needed

wont buy sets, however much they seem like a bargain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts