Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i have a 2006 clio 1.4 dynamique and the problem is the sunroof is stuck open and it wont close. I think it might be the fuse but i do not know where the fuse for the sunroof is? Or has anyone got any other ideas to fix it?.. thanks in advance.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so after forking out £64 to get it checked, this is what they found - ''alternator overcharging there could be damage to ABs computer, will not be able to verify until alternator replaced''. They are gonna charge me around 1300 pounds to supply and fit alternator, aux belt and computer. if computer not required £700. This option i cannot do because i cant afford it and the car isnt probably worth that much to repair it. So any ideas how i can get the sunroof down? and yes i have considered leaving the car in a rough area and get some money from the insurance :p but seriously any ideas?!

D

·
0 Posts
How much?! :eek:

Reconditioned alternator is going to be around £100, but even if the voltage regulator had gone i'd be surprised if it would do that much damage.......... although being french and their electronis, who knows.

Sunroof can be closed manually, although not sure how on yours. Usually take the trim off around the switch and there is an allen key to turn.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I expect it's too late for the OPbut just a note for anyone else finding this thread...

My panoramic sunroof stuck 2 days after getting the Clio. It opened fine and would move back and forwards but wouldn't do the final shut position. I removed the rotary switch from the headlining and flooded it with switch cleaner from Maplins. It works again now. A new switch is £38 so switch cleaner is worth a go first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts