Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a 24V Laguna I and I have this annoying surging/Missing problem

On very light throttle the revs drop off and then surge, then drop off again so say I am crusing at really light throttle (during slow moving traffic) its like its running on kangaroo juice.

If you listen to it on tick over, you can hear and feel like one of the cylinders is missing. The spark plugs have been changed

Anyone had a similar problem?

Shame as the car is really nice

Thanks
Jason

·
Administrator
21,719 Posts
Hi Jason,

Sounds like it could be a coil issue, pretty common Im afraid. Its worth checking them out.

My last laguna (1998 RT Sport 2.0 8v) was doing them same, turned out to be a coil. Not an expensive fix (unless you take it to a renault dealer).

May be worth checking your air filter too for obstructions.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave

Do you know it the coil is remotely mounted or a coil for every plug?

Anyone changed the coils on the 24V before

Jason

·
Administrator
21,719 Posts
As I recall the engines of that age didnt have a pencil coil per spark plug, just a coil pack I think.

Its like like a block attached to the front of the engine and one end of the ht leads plug into the coil pack and the other end went into the spark plugs, there should be one per cylinder / spark plug. Did on my 2.0 8v anyway.

Not sure about a v6 though, thats a different beast all together no doubt.

As I said, I may be wrong, but its somewhere to start you down the road of finding the issue.

sorry if it doesnt help, good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts