Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I need to buy new triangles for my 2011 Clio III 1.5 DCi but there are so many different brands and prices that I'm confused and uncertain about which one to buy.

At the online auto parts store there are at least 36 different brands for these parts, are there really so many different manufacturers for the same part?

Prices vary a lot too, and the product descriptions on the website show no difference between them.

this is the list of manufacturers and prices:

Febi Bilstein – 87€
Sasic – 86€
Swag – 66€
Diederichs – 60€
Lemforder – 54€
Meyle – 54€
Fag – 50€
Ruville – 50€
Fortune Line – 50€
Swag – 48€
Febi Bilstein – 48€
Spidan – 48€
Metzger – 47€
TRW – 46€
Sidem – 46€
Monroe – 44€
Topran – 43€
GSP – 42€
DYS – 41€
Vaico – 41€
Delphi – 41€
Stark – 40€
Master-Sport - 40€
Optimal – 40€
Corteco - 39€
RTS – 39€
OCAP – 38€
Maxgear – 37€
SKF – 37€
JP Group – 37€
NK – 37€
Triscan – 36€
Moog – 35€
Fai – 34€
Automega – 34€
Ridex – 32€
Master-Sport - 29€
A.B.S. – 29€
Stark – 27€

It's also strange to have brands with the same product with different prices, Felbi has a right triangle at 81 € and another right triangle at 48€.
The same goes for Master-Sport and Stark.

I'm really confused, can someone advise me what product to buy?
Any recommendations?

Thank you so much,
best regards

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,195 Posts
You would actually be surprised how many in the list are made in the same factory and a little investigation by you would reveal that..I am reading your post and get the impression that its by cost rather than manufacturer you are concerned with and they all at the end of the day do the same job but no doubt some will be better quality than others..in the list my choice would be..

Febi bilstein...Moog...TRW...Lemforder...

Also check out Blue print which are owned by Febi Bilstein..I use Blue print extensively and find them top notch for other parts like oil and air and cabin filters along with other suspension parts like track rod ends and bushes..
Good luck with whatever you choose ..always go for the best you can afford for longer life of the part..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am reading your post and get the impression that its by cost rather than manufacturer you are concerned with
Not really, I don't mind spending more is the product is better but in this case I don't know if the more expensive are better or not because there's no description that deferenciates parts.
Also as I told Febi has an entry with 81€ and another 48€ for what looks exactly the same thing, check out the links:

I'm interested in buying a quality parts, learn more also on Auto parts brands and not paying more just for a "re-Branded" product and not saving in buying the most crappy thing because it's cheaper.

Thank you so much Phill48 and thank you for your recommendations

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would actually be surprised how many in the list are made in the same factory and a little investigation by you would reveal that.
I thought it would be strange to have so many different manufacturers in the world for that part, so I though that some might be the same part manufacturers in the same factory but rebranded for the market.
I searched in google but get anywhere.
Where do you think I could investigate?

I would like to learn more on this subject

Thank you so much

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,195 Posts
The two arms you have put up from Febi Bilstein probably have a different gauge metal used in their construction and the more expensive one is very likely a heavy duty product..that one shows bolts included with the arm as well so they will cost extra..was surprised myself recently how much I was charged for some bolts for my sons Kia..£18 for 2..many of the arms listed will also have been manufactured in China..and the Brand name is just that..a name..others like febi TRW ect will have their own manufacturers and do them in house..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Phil, a friend recommended me also Moog. I was afraid of that brand because it's one of the cheapest arms at the store

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,195 Posts
Thank you Phil, a friend recommended me also Moog. I was afraid of that brand because it's one of the cheapest arms at the store

Moog the company..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much Phil,
I've did more research and from brands and companies I posted most people seem to recommend this 4:

Febi Bilstein, Lemforder, TRW and Moog

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,195 Posts
Down to you now get it done and get the arm fitted..(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts