Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends suspension leg seized up on her `97 clio 1.2. I got a secondhand suspension leg from a breaker but once fitted the camber is way out and the stering is pulling all over the shop any advice to whats causing this would be appreciated! i wondered weather a leg off an older model would cause this?? help
:crazy:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hello,

Sounds like the second hand leg is the wrong size, either too long or too short, or the mounts are different. Is the ride height the same on both sides?

Was the used leg identical to the one it replaced? If it was, then something may have been rebuilt wrong.

Its better to replace both sides, as the shockers/springs may be rated differently which will affect handling and could be a handfull when braking hard.

Best of luck

Murchin

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
As Murchin says,you should always replace suspension legs in pairs.The one you bought could be from a diesel or a 16 valve,and these have wildly varying spring rates and heights.

It would be much better to fit a pair of legs from a car as close to yours as possible.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers boys off dwn the scrapyard to pull two off of an exact model o the joy!!!!:rofl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts