Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I hope someone can help me.

I have a 2015 Renault Grand Espace (LHD) and need to swap the speedo to MPH. It is a car that was never made to be sold in UK and I can’t register it with DVLA due to the speedo. Is there a hack or software update that gives me the option to change it from KPH to MPH?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,502 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. I would really appreciate it if you could find the software change. I wouldn't know where to start looking. As for the HUD, it is not acceptable unfortunately. You are not allowed a secondary device.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,502 Posts
Thanks. I would really appreciate it if you could find the software change. I wouldn't know where to start looking. As for the HUD, it is not acceptable unfortunately. You are not allowed a secondary device.
Says who?
If I understand it properly, the requirement is so the vehicle can pass an IVA test if no Certificate of Conformity is possible.
An EU motor will have a Cert available on request.
Either way, the motor must pass a UK MOT test and the speedo comes into that.
That says that the vehicle must have a working Speedo fitted....fitted is the operative word so if a supplementary it cannot be a temp fixing.
Other then that, it must be able to show speed in MPH and KPH........Construction and Use Regs 1986
The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 (legislation.gov.uk)

Neither the C&U or MOT manual specify that the speedo must be an original fitting or cannot be a secondary instrument.

I got some time today, see if I can find the thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts