Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When opening the rear doors of the car the tailgate released and hazard lights turn on, the boots switch has been replaced and is brand new, hasn’t fixed the problem.
Any clue for what would be?
When moving the wiring loom we have periodically been able to hault the hazard for a moment but upon looking at this thoroughly isn’t hasn’t been able to diagnose any problem as wires seem fine

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
Usually it's the part of the wiring where tailgate hinge is, in like a flexible plastic tube, tend to get broken wires because of repeated bending. (I'm assuming you haven't looked there.)

Not entirely relevant, but I once had an issue where tailgate popped whenever I unlocked with the fob. That was water shorting the release button. I had previously replaced a rubber bung that had been removed from the bottom edge of the tailgate, and the rubber membrane that covers the release button had split. I replaced the blanking plug, and put a small piece of gaffer tape over the split membrane as a simple repair. Then I had the problem. So I took the tape off and removed the plug, as it then became obvious that this lets any water drain out. (I also squirted WD40 up into the button.) That was the only tiime I had the problem, all other times water can get out the bottom edge of the tailgate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts