Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a good few experts and experienced drivers in here, many of whom are experienced at general self mainteance, so I would like to ask those who are experienced and experts to do the following for all of us less experienced drivers.

1. Monthly regular maintenance that should be undertaken, irespective of miles driven (filters, any aditives for oil, fuel, etc, you know the sort of thing)

2. Monthly checks, what to check, brakes, lubricants etc

3. Quarterly maintenance recomendations (as above with any other additional recomended checks.

4. 6 Monthly checks, again as above but any recomended additional checks

5. Pre-MOT checks that should be done

The list I visioned would allow any experienced and non experienced driver to do the following.

1. Know what to do on a month by month basis that can be done by anyone to maintain a good runing engine, body etc.

2. KNow what should be done every 3 and 6 monthly perioods again, things that can mostly be done by any level experience.

3. A general list of most common MOT failures that can be checked before an MOT to try and get a pass, this should include physical checks that only require jacking up the car, how to adjust hand-brakes to pass, how to check beam on lights is not too high etc, and anything that can be added or should be done to an engine before it goes for the emitions test.

I think you get my drift.

If we can get a good few responses, I will generate the whole thing into a set of HTML pages for your links section (to open inside the links sections) Images would be helpfull, but may not be practical since this should apply to most Renault vehicles, however if someone wants to section their entry thats fine and I will do the same.
Hope this can be done.

S

·
0 Posts
Great idea. If we can get the info together I can get you started on building a guide for the FAQ section

S

·
0 Posts
Don't forget that our vBulletin setup doesn't allow HTML. The FAQ system runs vBArticles which allows you to do a bit more, but it's mainly font changes etc. etc. rather than full-blown HTML...

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, do you want for members to add their suggestions onto this thread, or to PM you directly?

Good idea - prevention is always cheaper than cure.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think its better if they put eveything in here rather than PM, and I will take all the information, collate it into something of an order, monthly etc, and start putting it together.

I myself will benefit a great deal from it as I have no real knowledge of whats a good thing.

If this works out and we get a good level of input from all areas, experienced and less experienced, I think it would be a very good page.

With regards the lack of HTML stuff, I believe Vb offers a Hook option within the admin side that will allow me to create a very basic plugin module to call an external page (external meaning not built into VB but within the VB directory structure) so this would be the best way, thus maintining all aspects of the site, simply put it would be like entering the faq pages only the content would have been created manually by me :)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'll get some MOT tips ready for you.It will take a few days,but I promise to work on it!:)

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry not been available the past few days, my pc broke :-( so having just fixed it and upgraded to now have 7 hard drives equal to a nice and spacey 1.4tb (1400gb) Im back up and running again, sadly I have to do some recovery work on the drive that fell over to try and recover my files, emails etc, but shouldnt be too much of a problem.

How are we getting on with this idea?

·
Premium Member
16,417 Posts
Good point!

At a guess, One of the cheapest and simplist way to save money in the long run is simple.

TYRE PRESSURES.

If there over/underinflated, They will wear out faster, use more fuel and possibly increase wear on suspension components

1 - 11 of 11 Posts