Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now that the subject has been broached before, but could somebody please push me in the right direction. I need to know how easy it is tio replace the TDC sensor on a Laguna II Dynamique.

I have recently been having problems (again) :steam: :) with starting, the car will turn over but not fire, I looked for information on the forum and the solution was found to be the aforesaid sensor. I have been told that the sensor is approx £24.00 and the modification lead is another £ 24.00.
I cannot afford to have the work done by a garage but I am competent enough to attempt the work myself

I just need to know 1. The location of the sensor 2. Do I need any special equipment 3. Is it only the main dealers who sell this part or can I source it from elsewhere.

How I long for a straight forward engine, bring back Hillman imps:)

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Before changing it remove it and clean the end and the connector to the loom, refit and try to start the car. I did this on mine 6 months ago and it's been fine since. Also there has been a post where instead of getting an adaptor the poster just cut the plug of the old sensor and fitted it to the new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TDC sensor

Thanks for all of the information, its nice to be on a forum where you can actually get help and not be baffled bt science

I will try removing the sensor and cleaning it first. The sensor decided to go kaput three days after my warranty expired :steam: . Just my luck

Thanks guys

Xantia6660

1 - 6 of 6 Posts