Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People

I have a megane convertible X reg my problem is the stitching around back window has come away about 2inches it's the outside stitching and I am worried it will leak one day, any ideas on a cheap fix as no way I can afford to go to a garage.

Any ideas please

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there and welcome.

This is a tough problem to crack as the roof is flexible, yet put under a lot of tension. This suggestion should really be considered as a temporary repair to limit further splitting/damage through water ingress.

It is a PU sealant & adhesive called Tiger Seal, it is available in black, grey, white & clear - so hopefully one will suit your hood colour.

This is much better than any silicone sealer as it is immensely strong, yet retains flexibility (so it doesn't weaken, crack or fall out). A certain internet auction site has lots for sale from around £6 delivered. It is applied with a mastic gun, and is very messy, so keep a bottle of thinners & a cloth at the ready to wipe any residue off your hands/bodywork.

It'll take a couple of days to fully cure, so I would keep the hood fixed until that point.

HTH

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts