Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if this has anything to do with the check injection problems I'm having but sometimes the temp gauge will sort of wiggle about just under half way then drop a bit, then go back up to half etc etc, it then usually stays on half way until I stop.

Anyone else had this problem? If it is a problem or just normal behavior for a renault.

Its not overheating and not using any water.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hi , is your car derv or petrol ? engine size ? would help as well , the temp may be just your thermostat opening and the colder water entering the system , or a faulty / dirty temp switch. The check inj. depends on the engine type etc. Rich

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, its a 1.9dci 130.

it only fluctuates between 1/4 and 1/2. Seems to change if I rev the engine abit, it goes up then drops back down as the revs drop.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hi , it does sound like the temp / fan switch in the housing dirty or u/s , The check inj. could be , egr , air flow meter , down stream lambda , or just a glow plug starting to go down , all of these are on the multiplex system so a good garage should be able to code read this , i would suggest a visit to the garage may help , good luck , rich

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.

Bought a code reader which also monitors engine temp sensor that does rise and fall abit which I assume is when themostat opens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts