Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to forums so please bare with me :crazy:

When i set off to work in my car (2001 renault laguna 1.6 dynamique) this morning, i noticed my temperature guage drop instantly from just below half (its normal temp) to zero, it jumped back up to its normal temp after about 30 seconds then dropped back to zero.
It stayed at zero for a good 6 miles, and i noticed when i changed gear that as soon as i put my foot down the Power lagged (like with a really bad turbo lag), after a while it wud slowly pick up speed till i changed gear. Whilst this was happening the engine seemed 2 judder as if it wanted to stall until the revs kicked in.
After the 6 miles my temperature gauge shot back to normal, and the car drove as if it had never happened.

I,ve got a feeling this could be a sensor as usuall with ecu cars.

Could any one help me please??

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,415 Posts
I think your right it would be worth checking the connections to the sensor, it may have 2.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This may help anyone searching for a solution to this problem. Our 2000 RX4 2.0 had a similar issue, albeit intermittently, over the past 6 months but there was no noticeable change in power delivery when the gauge was playing up. I've just changed the coolant temperature sensor and all seems now to be working normally, spraying the contacts with electrical cleaner had showed no improvement though it's worth a try. The sensor is on the passenger side just under the air intake box and has a square top to it, I found it easier to remove the air intake to access it and so fit the replacement without losing too much coolant. The original was an FAE brand (we've had the car from new) and the replacement from ECP was an MTE Thomson (£19), which had a slightly larger tightening nut than the original.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.