Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi a big thank you to all who have offered advice with my recent posts on problems with our new 'to us' traffic camper van, im not ignoring anyone but still going through everything. Will update here later with the hope might help others. In the meantime has anyone got a gas warm air blow heater, ours has been very difficult to start, had it running once, don't seem to want to play again, got plenty power & gas. Motor starts seems as if its going to go then stops manual says turn off n keep trying, any ideas welcomed.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,515 Posts
Had problems once with my gas fired water heater in my caravan.
Spider had found the air inlet to its liking and overwinter, blocked the thing.
With what you are saying, I suspect the air pressure switch is not seeing sufficient pressure so locking out before gas valve is opened.
Worth a check on inlet and outlet for any blockages.
But please bear in mind, this is a gas fired appliance, should be a Gas Safe engineer to do anything serious, it is a potential bomb or will poison you...carbon monoxide.
If unsure, get someone in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for your quick reply, ive worked with a gas engineer on caravans and lived on sea going and now a narrow boat for years. So very aware of gas safety issues. I won't be playing around. Your comments are most welcome I'll be very careful. Cheers Toni

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops and more questions, is it possible to get the 'little black bulb holders that fit on the back of the instrument panel'? My lights on indicator doesn't light, the bulb holder is missing as they are for some other lights, cheers Toni

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,078 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi just received the light bulb holders from ebay still don't have head light indicated lamp on will need to try tracing wires back if i can. Oh well on wards on along to next job. Cheers Toni

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,078 Posts
DO you mean the Green light that shows on the instrument cluster here?

Is the main beam ( blue ) working ok?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If the same as my 1988 1.7 T1000 - no bulb holder or power supply fitted for dipped beam - ( no wire in conn block that connects to bulb holder trace on panel ) optional extra ! - same with rear fog light - only power supply to o/s rear - no wire in conn block from o/s rear fog to n/s , another optional extra perhaps - or more likely o/s fog light only for `80`s regs

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,515 Posts
Any consolation, my Kia has no dashboard indication for dipped beam... just dims when lights are on.
Does have main beam and fog light telltales though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts