Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently took out AA breakdown cover. I alaso took out the AA repair cover. Apparently for £65 your covered so if you breakdown and your engine needs repairs they will pay for the parts and labour to get it repaired. Sounded like a great deal o i took it out.

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience with them? is it any good?

Ive never used the AA ive always had my breakdown cover from Endsleigh until i actually broke down and the service was ridiulous so i have now changed to the AA.

The link for AA repair cover is:

Breakdown Repair Cover : Replacement parts and labour - The AA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aa

hi all was a member of aa had full package the works was involved in bump not mi fault by the way .called aa to recover car chap turned up sed that would be £140 to take car home as was not covered for accident .at time of goining was told that was for everything thats why i took the works rip off merchants. this is why i later found out from a very nice rac man thay no longer advertise as the fourth emergency service.but did not tell customers. now with rac fell ill on holiday called them they took me and my family home as part of service very nice people

A

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Mag1,

Yes i agree sound fantastic and there was nothing in the terms and conditions to pull me bak so i am now covered. I got my welcome pack today and it stated the same as the website. What peace of mind for £65! im happy. :d

A

·
0 Posts
Sorry for not replying but I don't always return to posts.
It sounds great and a fantastic price too. I have bookmarked the web address.

Please carry on letting the forum know
if you have occasion to claim.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Sorry for not replying but I don't always return to posts.
It sounds great and a fantastic price too. I have bookmarked the web address.

Please carry on letting the forum know
if you have occasion to claim.
MY Lag 2 was involved in an accident last year, phoned AA they said officially they dont cover accidents, but if no special lifting gear was needed (ie car not overturned) then they would do it free of charge, which they did.

O

·
0 Posts
Hi Mag1,

Yes i agree sound fantastic and there was nothing in the terms and conditions to pull me bak so i am now covered. I got my welcome pack today and it stated the same as the website. What peace of mind for £65! im happy. :d
Altough it looks like you can only have it for a year i.e. until your car is 10 years old or 100,000 miles!

tsunami drives a 1998 renault clio (s reg) 1.2L, 4 cylinder, 8 valve

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Looks like the AA has done a deal with an insurance company in order to provide this - and we all know how many get-out clauses insurances companies seem to be able to find when the time comes to claim. It may not suit all members of this forum who carry out heir own servicing and maintenance as one of the clauses states the owner/driver must be able to provide written evidence that the vehicle has been serviced and repaired in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations. For this reason alone I wouldn't qualify. Furthermore I would like to know what they mean exactly by mechanical or electrical failure which is not the result of fair wear and tear. Overall it seems very cheap to me and only time will tell how cost effective it will be.
P.S. If you buy a second car and it doesn't have a service and repair record - it just doesn't seem to apply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts