Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everybody thinks about this - what are the best springs you can get for a Clio? OEM or Aftermarket? How low do you go? And can you get a firmer ride without lowering the car; e.g. can you fit Clio 182 springs on a regular Clio?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i would like to know also, as im thiking of updating my Whole suspension and thinking of puttin some Clio Sport Coilovers on ym car..

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi iam not that sure to be honest but someone will help you soon sometimes threads go unaswered because people just do not know the answer and they get missed my experance with aftermarket springs is i would go for Sebring they are good but tend to be that bit dearer than others but are a very good all round spring i hope this helps Donald

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi mate,
For my RSI I've bought Apex 5cm front springs and reformed the shocks.The driving has changed in very positive ways.Response to my steering wheel turns are incredible.Also the exterior look goes perfect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi. I realise this is a VERY old thread, but the same problem of weak coil springs still exists, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience to share or advice to offer?

My 52 plate (40K miles) has only ever failed 2 MOTs, but both times it was because of a failed rear coil spring. I'm getting the message that these are crap and need constant replacement. I can get an aftermarket for as little as 25 notes, but I can imagine it's just a length of spaghetti.

So, has anyone found decent spring upgrades yet without changing out the entire suspension system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just new to this guys, don't really have a clue what am doing to be honest, but i was wondering if i lower my clio 40mm will i need to upgrade the shocks aswell?

Thanks,
Connar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts