Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking, on the way back from Inverness, about the better things in motoring. Aside from the pleasures of driving I was trying to think what gives the most pleasure.

I don't think you can beat a fresh set of wipers - for the first few months they work so well!!

I hope you don't think I'm strange for having these thoughts - infact I bet some of you feel the same way. What are your biggest motoring pleasures?:)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Approaching a filling station (needing to re-fuel), then discovering that the price has dropped a few pence per litre since the last time you passed. (and there are no queues)

Sounds corny, but with an 80 litre tank - it all mounts up!

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
The biggest driving joy for me at the moment is seeing this sign after a 90 mile drive(crap pic sorry ) :d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
A mid summer evenings drive with a loved one:sunny:

Just ambling along without a care in the world watching the day end and a new one beginning just perfect :sunny:

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got back from my travels flogging furniture - I took the Avantime.

The journey involved, amongst others, the following roads that make you feel great!!!!

A7 - Carlisle to Edinburgh via Hawick.

A6 - from M6 jcn39 into Kendal.

A5 - not the best road but makes you feel good by not taking the M6!!!

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Electric bum warmers on a cold morning.

Driving on company time. I'm getting paid, but I'm not in the office :)

All windows down and the sunroof open on a warm day (and nuts to air-con or concerns about fuel economy.) If I had my own car, I'd probably buy a cabriolet, though don't you have to be going bald first if you're a bloke?

Rather worryingly (I must be showing my age): Turning off the stereo and just listening to the diesel donk rumbling away.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Interesting Hugh:) with you on the new wiper blades:eek:

Those little moments of madness clearing them carbs out:devil: broooom brooom:devil:

Going to the filling station and filling up and rounding it off to say £20 but it go's over to £20.01 and getting away with the penny:rofl: yeah typical Scots man watching the Penny's:rofl:

Cheers Donald.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Driving a freshly hoovered and polished car.This generally lasts a few minutes before Lag jnr replaces all the empty sweet wrappers and muddy foot prints you've spent hours removing.:rolleyes:

Driving a car that you've just fixed that has had the fault for months.:rofl:

Just driving for the sake of driving,no where in particular to go,no time to be somewhere,just out and moving from one place to another because you want to.:)

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Further to my earlier post if any of you are driving up from Carlisle to Edinburgh - get off the main route and take the A7 - Hawick, Selkirk to Edinburgh. You will be rewarded with great scenery and some of the best sweeping curves in the UK. Besides it only takes 20 mins longer than the motorway!!! Great stuff. I can't wait to do it again - even if it is in the van!!!:d

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Car running smooth would be a first closely followed by having a parking space outside my house as they're usually taken up by inconsiderate parkers at the quacks along the road :steam:

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Further to my earlier post if any of you are driving up from Carlisle to Edinburgh - get off the main route and take the A7 - Hawick, Selkirk to Edinburgh. You will be rewarded with great scenery and some of the best sweeping curves in the UK. Besides it only takes 20 mins longer than the motorway!!! Great stuff. I can't wait to do it again - even if it is in the van!!!:d
It's an enjoyable run when you don't get stuck behind anything or you're not on a deadline. I've done it a few times and been able to keep the cruise on at 60 for much of the run. Then again, I've done it on other occasions and spent far too much time behind 40mph HGV's and dawdling car drivers.

Given the choice, I'll stick with the motorway, but I sometimes have to make a stop at Galashiels, so the A7 makes sense if I'm doing that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts